Location: Lima, Peru
Beneficiary: Ciudad de los Niños Orphanage
Date: October 2014
At the end of October 2014, Generously Giving Back’s Goodwill Ambassador, Patricia Arana-Balcaceres, flew to Peru for one of her many visits to her family. While she was there, she faithfully visited the children and young adults living at Ciudad de los Niños, and delivered the following items to help feed them:
- 2 bags of 50 kilograms each of sugar
- 4 bags of 50 kilograms each of rice
- 36 liters of oil
- 3 bags of 50 kilograms each of flour
Ciudad de los Niños is a residential house that cares for children and young adults between 3 to 17 years old who are under the following circumstances:
- Total abandonment (parents or relatives),
- Family separation for various reasons,
- From a single parent who is unable to support the child,
- Severe economic circumstances as a result of one of the parent suffering an illness, or has other serious problems that inhibit their ability to support the child, and
- Children who were living in high-risk environments.
The mission of Ciudad is to protect and promote growth in the children and young adults they shelter. They accomplish this by doing the following:
- To foster the development of each child through living in a healthy community that teaches freedom, respect and responsibility.
- To educate the whole child, taking responsibility for all areas of the child`s development: intellectual, spiritual, moral, emotional, social and physical.
- To provide technical job training that will allow them to learn a trade, thus helping them to become confident and independent working adults earning a fair wage.
- To foster and develop a close relationship and partnership with the parents and guardians.